So you’ve never had professional pictures done before. Or perhaps you’re a seasoned pro with several years’ worth of photo sessions under your belt. Either way, you’re bound to have some questions about our process so be sure to read through the “Before”, “During”, and “After the Session” pages in order to best prepare for our time together.
How do I book a session?
– Just click on the Book a Session link and fill out the online form. You are also welcome to fill out my Contact form or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m available by phone as well, at 703-946-0795.
What do I do next?
– Once a session is scheduled, you will need to pay the Creative Fee in order to secure your date/time. I accept checks, credit cards, or PayPal. I am happy to send you an invoice as well.
– Fill out the New Client Questionnaire
Is the Questionnaire necessary?
– The purpose of the questionnaire is to make sure that we are on the same page. My goal is to find out what your child’s interests are, what you are looking for out of our session, how you will use your photos (wall art, scrapbooking, digital files), whether you prefer “action” photos or “posed” looks, etc., etc. All of these things help me to know what you are looking to get from our time together and to help me know how to best serve you.
Will there be Some Sort of Consultation?
– Oh, I’m so glad you asked! After years of doing this, I can say that the best way to ensure our time together is successful, is to go over goals and expectations before the session. It’s also a great time for us to meet so that we both feel comfortable during our upcoming session. If we live near each other, then we can get together at a local Starbucks or I’m happy to stop by your home instead. If meeting in person doesn’t work, then we can set up a time to talk on the phone or talk via Facetime. Again, the idea is to make this an easy and comfortable process, one that will give you a great session and fantastic photos as a result.
Where will our session take place?
How Long Will The Session Last?
Do I Need to Bring Anything?
– If kids are involved, then more than likely: yes! Depending on the age of the children, I have found that using little treats as incentives for good behavior (M&Ms, Skittles, etc.) can work wonders. As can toys and other items that allow them a creative outlet. You will also want to be sure to have any necessities such as diapers, wipes, tissues, etc. as well as a snack or drink if we are on location. For adults, depending on the location of your portrait session, a wardrobe change can add diversity to the photos and can be as simple as a sweater, a scarf, or a change in jewelry.
If it’s a Children/Newborn session, Will I need to be in the Photos?
– While this is absolutely your choice, I definitely recommend being in at least a few of the shots where possible. Believe me, I know how it feels to not want to be on the other end of the camera, but I have learned from personal experience the importance of being part of these special moments. So while you technically don’t have to be in the photos if you really don’t want to, please be prepared (hair, makeup, etc.) just in case you change your mind. Or in case we need someone to tickle the children to get them laughing!
What if One of Us Becomes Sick before the session?
– Being the mother of two small children, I completely understand this so I try to be as flexible with my schedule as possible and likewise, I appreciate the same courtesy when extended to me. Please give me as much notice as possible and we can reschedule your session for a later date.
Now let’s talk about what to expect During the Session…
– Back to the top –